Monday, January 28, 2008

Practical Living

So I loved last night that Beth Moore started the session by telling us that we were going to learn "the practicality of living in the Spirit each day." That is something that really ministered to me. I know that the Bible is relevant to me. I know that in my head. But sometimes, I feel like when I read something, I just want to say, "what does this look like in my life?" I don't know if anyone can relate. There is so much meat in scripture. So many verses, so many stories, so many truths. And sometimes it just seems hard to understand. Or maybe it's easy to understand, but hard to put into practice. But last night was great. I don't want to do life month by month, year by year, decade by decade. I want to do life day by day. And quite honestly, that's all I really feel capable of. Taking things one day at a time. And when I wake up, I have a fresh start, a new day to start over, begin again, try a little harder. I am excited about learning how to deepen my faith in practical ways. I pray that I can personalize such a complex concept....life in the spirit. There was a lot about last night's session that blessed me. But this was just awesome. I can do practical. I can learn step by step things to start my day off right. That speaks to me. That's all for now. Have a great week everyone. :)

No comments: